Free Flash Card Web Sites
- ProProfs – Larry Ferlazzo’s favorite
- Quizlet – The program I used for years
- Study Stack – Larry Ferlazzo’s 2nd favorite
- Easy Notecards
- Word Dynamo
- StudyBlue – a review by Richard Byrne @ Free Technology for Teachers
- EasyNotecards – a review by Richard Byrne @ Free Technology for Teachers
- Flashcard Exchange
- Flashcard Data Base
- Flashcard Machine
- Brain Flips
- ESL Flash Cards
- IQ Fuse
- Flashcards Online
- Xtramath – Recommended by me.
- http://www.kidsnumbers.com/– can set maximum number, works up to triple digits. – Also, they have games.
- AllMath.com – can set maximum number and mix operations – screen flashes between sets. Home page.
- Multiplication.com – only #s 0-9. Has pictures to help remember.
Aggregators – Search many sites for a set on your topic
Free Flash Card Programs
- The Mnemosyne Project – a downloadable flashcard program and research project on long term learning. Uses an algorithm to present difficult cards in an optimal manner.
- jMemorize – another downloadable program.
http://larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/2009/02/22/the-best-tools-to-make-online-flashcards/ – note: this review was written in 2009, and many of these sites have expanded or changed . It was a great way to find these sites, but it is probably worth the effort to look closely at your options before settling on one for the long haul.
AN: Things I would like to add to this list – astric mark for teacher functions, hatch mark for account required.